Any rod and reel can be used to catch haruan but the best outfit would be a 5 1/2' to 6' medium- fast tapered baitcast rod with a 6-15lb. rating. Mate this to a small (50-150) sized baitcast reel and fill with 10kg. braid. This outfit should be capable of casting lures 1/8 to 5/8's ounce in weight.
If spinning's your thing, A 6 foot rod with a 1500 sized reel loaded with 5-10kg. braid will fill the bill.
- Shallow running plugs- Rapala SSR5 and7's, Yo zuri's and other shad shaped plugs .
- Big lipped, deep diving plugs for bottom bumping
- Spinnerbaits- 1/8oz with #2 colorado blades. Tails, skirts or hair works well. I make my own since commercially available spinnerbaits don't make the cut.
- Buzzbaits (small), poppers and Walk-the-Dog lures
- Frogs -SPRO jr/Sr., Scumfrogs etc.